Scratch Live Help

Need help with Serato Scratch Live? Ask here.

Serato Scratch won't read all tracks in iTunes Library

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Platform
-
adrianroberts 6:18 PM - 7 February, 2014
I got a new DJ laptop -- one with a large enough internal drive -- so I don't have to run into the "missing crates" issue so endemic of using Serato with an external drive. I used Migration Assistant to migrate everything, including all the music files from the external drive.

Everything plays just fine in iTunes. However, when I launch Serato, and it loads the iTunes Library, most of the tracks from most of the playlists are missing. Most playlists are complete "empty."

Many of those same songs that Serato can't find in my iTunes Library are also in Serato Crates, and they play just fine.

I've done everything outlined in this troubleshooting tutorial to no avail:
serato.com

How can I get the iTunes Library to fully work again in Serato Scatch?
Zach S 7:05 PM - 11 February, 2014
Hey adrian,

The problem is SSL is reading a .xml file that is not showing the same info as the database iTunes is reading.

If everything is now on your internal drive how many iTunes folders do you see within the Music folder?
adrianroberts 11:42 AM - 19 February, 2014
Serato "sees" every single playlist that's in my iTunes Library. The problem is that when I open up those playlist folders, most of the time, most (if not all) of the tracks are missing. This is the case with probably 90% of the playlist folders in iTunes that Serato sees.

Of course, if you go to the iTunes app, everything is there, and plays just fine. It's only in Serato that those tracks in the iTunes playlists appear missing.
Zach S 5:09 PM - 19 February, 2014
A ton of people are having this issue and I have yet to fix it.
In the past those troubleshooting tips have done the trick.
Unfortunately they aren't anymore. I'm guessing this is due to the latest iTunes update.

The only thing I can suggest is trying to rebuild SSL's databaseV2 file --> serato.com

I'll get Serato in the mix about this.

Going forward.. this is why we (Rane) would not suggest having SSL read your iTunes library.
Its a program we have no control over and they often put out updates that can mess up the communication between it and SSL.

If you want to get those files in SSL right now I would suggest importing them through the Files window directly into the 'all' section in SSL or into crates.
8:01 AM, 6 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.